Parent Artist AIRspace Residency: Summer 2022
With support from the Sustainable Arts Foundation, Abrons is pleased to announce the re-launch of its Parent Artist AIRspace Residency, which provides support for one parent artist working in the visual arts, music, curatorial practice, and/or literary arts. This residency will provide studio space, free tuition to Abrons Summer Arts Camp for one child, a stipend, and opportunities for intergenerational engagement.
Program Components Include:
- $1,000 unrestricted stipend
- A semi-private studio and/or office space, accessible 6 days a week from 10AM–10PM from July 1–August 10, 2022
- Free tuition for 1 child to Abrons Summer Arts Camp. The child must be between ages 5–6 as of July 5, 2022.
- Applicants must be New York City based and living within the 5 boroughs at the time of application submission and during the residency period. Housing is not offered as a part of this residency.
- Applicants must identify as working in visual arts, music, curatorial practice, and/or literary arts.
- Collaborative groups are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must identify as a parent of a child between the ages 5–6. The child must be between the ages 5–6 as of July 5, 2022.
- A program of the historic Henry Street Settlement, Abrons Arts Center is committed to the belief that artistic practice is key to a socio-politically engaged and healthy society. Applicants should closely review the Abrons Arts Center Mission Statement and Declaration of Inclusion before applying for the Residency.
May 3, 2022: Application goes live
May 29, 2022: Application closes at 11:59pm ET
June 6, 2022: Applicants notified of status
July 1–August 10, 2022: Residency Dates
July 5–August 11, 2022: Dates of Abrons Summer Arts Camp
Questions? Please email all inquiries to email@example.com.